Clan KoLT

HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

The website

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dale Martel

PostSubject: The website   Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:28 pm

The website is undergoing some major renovations right now, and I'd greatly appreciate your feedback. Please post here:
  • Things you'd like to see
  • What you like
  • What you don't like
  • Any other comments

Thank you all for your patience and feedback!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DotaClinkz

PostSubject: Re: The website   Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:55 am

maybe change from the the fansite layout? and the overall website looks kinda uhh choppy? if thats the right word.

also the new buttons are cool but when you click on one the page you go to doesnt have the new buttons
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Golsari

PostSubject: Re: The website   Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:33 am

my ideas? okay.

set up the website as a anime/gameing hybrid, put tons of links up for varius non licenced anime episodes(so that its legal), sell links and addspace (but no pop-ups) to google and a few gamesites preferably riot, as well as many other game companies.
the links on google bring in people for the anime (most of witch ALSO enjoy videogames) the add's bring in money aswell as send people towards league of legends, everyone of witch gravitates around the clan, makeing recruits flow in like moths to a flame, the fourms will no doubt fill up and become much more active, and the clan and website will thrive.
the revenue from this can be used to upgrade the website and vent server(makeing donations moot), thousands of websites do it, and it works incredibly well.
this is a time consuming process that requires quite alot of effort, but in the end it would be very benificial to everyone.

there are many many "pro's", but there are like anything, also "cons"
promotion and adds are anoying, so they would need to be small and descrete as well as "non-invasive" so as to not to alienate new-comers

i would suggest you weigh the pro's and con's before making any kind of choises regarding ANY changes to the current website.
its just an idea, witch even as i post this i realize is more then likely not going to happen, since no-one seems to care enuff to put forth the effort required to make this happen anyway.

its just an option, nothing more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
keeperofstars

PostSubject: Re: The website   Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:39 pm

Only catch with that is to drive your ranking in google you have to get traffic flowing through your links to the other sites. Google change their search engine ranking system not too long ago, and it basically shut down link farming. Which is what you suggest, where you post links to popular sites in hopes to drive your own rankings / search results up. It use to work really well, but as I said about 8 months ago google change how they weight the linked in system. People were exploiting it.

It still works but the original linking needs to come from your site to drive your overall ranking up.

Also pimp / whore your site out and you start to drive your operating costs up more than you benefit. Each ad costs bandwidth and system resources, so you slow your site down and potentially raise it's costs. Not such a big deal since I'm providing the hosting, but for fyi in general also it's a huge deterent to using tons of google ads, and overall if you dont have every member fill out the google ad survey and constantly clicking on google ads daily your down ranked into low paying google ads. So then you have to force your clan / users to click on google ads all day long to keep decent paying ads on your site, and then you still have lots of work to do.

I tried it with a clan of 500 people I use to run and manage and it worked for a few months, we stacked up some cash, as well but they all got tired of clicking on the ads daily, so we lost our ad ranking and it became more work, we actually lost about 50 people from the nagging. We actually did much better with our $1 dollar a month campaign where all members paid 1 buck a month to the clan fund. About half the people did it out of the 500 bucks, it paid for the vent, the webserver, and allowed us to do things like have clan t-shirts made up etc at one point we were selling clan thongs which actually sold well to the girlfriends / wives. lol

Just need to take the site into a new generation of web sites, throw in interactive icons, drop the whole "menu" bar style, and work out a solid theme.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The website   

Back to top Go down

The website
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1